* Remote Support
* Troubleshooting & Repair
* PC Maintenance & Upgrades
* Virus and Spyware Removal
* Antivirus and Computer Security
* Wireless Networking
* Software Training and Tutoring
* Online Backup.
Professional Associations & Certifications
- Association of Computer Business Owners, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Dell Hardware Certified
- American Express, Discover, PayPal, Personal Checks, Debit Cards, MasterCard, VISA
|City||Sarasota , FL|
|Address||5317 Fruitville Road, Suite 89|
|Phone Number||(941) 487-0178|
Products & Services
Troubleshooting & Repair
It can be frustrating when your computer is not working. It can be even more frustrating when you're not sure why it's not working. Don't want to go through the hassle of packing up your computer & taking it to the local repair shop?
Let us help! We can come on-site and diagnose your computer problem and explain to you the options for getting your system up and running as quickly as possible. Within the first 1/2 hour on site we can usually determine.
Whether the issue that your computer is having is hardware or software related.
An an accurate maximum time estimate needed to repair your system.
Whether or not parts are needed to complete the repair and estimate what the cost of those parts might be.
The electronic equivalent to a Tune-up! Our maintenance package includes:
* Clean dust & debris which has accumulated inside your computer case and fans
* Clearing of cache, temporary files and registry
* Defragmentation of your disk drive
* Removal of unused software that may slow down your PC
* Installation of Windows updates
* Update to existing anti-virus or anti-spyware software to make sure you’re protected
* Defragment your hard drive
* Overall system evaluation
When we are finished with your system it will be running cleaner and leaner than it was before!
Would you like to add or change components on your computer, but you really don't want to go through the hassle of taking your system into the shop to get the job done? Let SHC install the compontent for you on site in your home.
Some of the common components that users prefer to upgrade on their computers include system memory, new or additional hard drives, video cards, sound cards and CD/DVD drives. We can also do an evaluation of your current system and let you know whether or not it is going to be cost effective for you to upgrade your current system or purchase a new system.
Are you ready to make the jump to a new computer? We can help you get your files transferred from your old computer to your new computer. We can also assist you with re-installing software programs on a new computer (original software media and license keys required) .
Is your computer running incredibly slow? Are you experiencing annoying pop-up advertisements? Your system could be infected with viruses or spyware! Not only can these programs be annoying, but they can also compromise the security of the data on your computer.
Sarasota Home Computers can scan your system and determine what the problem is. If your computer is infected, we will work to remove the malicious software and return your system to normal. Also, when we are finished, we can install an antivirus and antispyware programs which can help to keep your system from becoming re-infected in the future. Because of the time which is involved in scanning and removing malware from computers, we charge a flat rate of $140 for spyware and virus removal. This rate stays the same whether it takes us 2 hours or 5 hours to return your system to normal.
Sarasota Home Computers can assist you with your computer without even coming to your home! Using a remote connection tool called Crossloop, we can connect to your computer over the internet to troubleshoot your computer issue. While we connect with your system, we will talk with you on the phone so that we can work together to get your problem solved. During the remote assitance session, you will be able to see everything that we are doing on your system, and the session can be ended by you at any time.
Do you have more than one computer in your home? Would you like to be able to share information between computers, share an internet connection or be able to print from anywhere in your house? Sarasota Home Computers can help you install, maintain or troubleshoot a home wireless network which will allow you this mobility.
Wireless Network Setup
If you currently don't have a wireless network, we can set one up for you in about 1 hour. In order to set up a wireless network, you will need to have a wireless router and wireless cards on your laptop or desktop systems which need to connect to the wireless network. We can also configure sharing of folders and printers on your wireless network.
Wireless Network Security
If you have a wireless network in your home, is it secure? Are neighbors or others in close proximity to your home able to log into your wireless network and potentially see data saved on your computer? Sarasota Home Computers can perform a brief security audit on your wireless network and can help you lock it down with as high of a level of encryption as possible.
Are you new to home computing? Would it be helpful to have someone by your side to show you how to use a particular software program or maybe just how to get the most out of your computer in general? One of our certified technicians can sit down with you and explain what you need to know in a way that you will understand. Our regular hourly rates apply for training and tutoring services, and the price is very competitive for home-based computer training.
Online tutoring is also available for our customers! During an online session, one of our technicians can connect to your computer remotely to assist you with your computer in whatever way that you need. Remote tutoring sessions are somewhat cheaper than on-site tutoring and can be a great way for you to optimize your computer experience.
Promotions & Discounts
If you hare like most home users, you just aren't sure. MTS can come to your home and perform a security audit on your home computers which will give you solid answers to these questions and give you peace of mind that your computers are as secured as they can possibly be.
The MTS PC Security Audit includes the following:
* Evaluation of the current antivirus and anti-malware and firewall software installed on your system. If one or more of these products does not exist, we can install quality software products which will protect you at no cost to you.
* Evaluation of current service pack and Microsoft Windows security updates using the MBSA analysis tool. If your computer is deficient in any areas, we will bring your system up to current patch levels. We will also ensure that Windows Automatic Updates are configured to keep your system secured at all times.
* Evaluation of the security settings on your home wireless network (if applicable) . If your wireless network is not properly secured, we will make appropriate recommendations to lock it down and modify your router settings and wireless devices accordingly.
* Evaluate your current data backup strategy. If you do not have a data disaster recovery plan, we will explain to you what your various options are and work with you to put a backup strategy in place. One potential solution is Carbonite online backup, which we can explain to you and install for you as part of the security audit.
- I would recommend this business
He was very professional. He came exactly when he said he'd come, and took the time to explain what he was doing.
|Value for money|
|Service & support|
- I would recommend this business
Chris returned my call promptly and asked me to describe the problem I was having with the computer. He suspected what the problem was, and scheduled a brief visit to quickly try to troubleshoot the problem (no extra charge). He explained my options and we discussed how much it was worth spending on my four year old computer. He even told me that if the part did not solve the problem, he would be able to rescue my information from the hard drive. Chris ordered the part, and when it arrived, scheduled a visit to install it. The computer is working - took less than a hour to install the part. Chris even recommended an on-line back up service that is really inexpensive. Chris was courteous, professional, prompt, and knowledgeable
|Value for money||I got more than my money's worth|
|Service & support||Very Professional|
"We will be sure to call you again in the future with any home IT needs we cannot handle ourselves. Thanks for the quick, easy and outstanding service."
Our home laptop wouldn't connect to the Internet and we were delighted to find a local company, MTS, to contact for service. All correspondence was courteously answered, an appointment was promptly set and kept and our problem was diagnosed and solved in an hour! Technician Chris was knowledgeable and professional in every respect. Would not hesitate to enlist services if need arises.
My computer was running sooo slowly. I signed up for the PC Maintenance package, and Chris was able to de-gunk my computer & get it working smoothly again. I will definitely call him again if I need any help!