Armed with a lifetime of enthusiasm for emerging technologies, we not only bring you an unparalleled level of expertise but also serves you with patience and excitement.
Our team is truly passionate about making technology work for your home, your business, and your life. We are a group of highly skilled techs with unparalleled expertise who simply love fixing computers and helping people get the most out of their technology. Technology is fun for us, and we want to make it fun for you too! So if you’re tired of taking your problems to techie know-it-alls who overload you with techno-speak, hourly bills, bad customer service, or poor work, contact Geeks On The Go to experience true tech service excellence. We are ready to serve you with the patience and excitement you deserve.
There are a lot of computer repair companies in the Bergen County NJ & Rockland County NY area, but none of them are quite like us! What separates us from the rest? We have taken a fresh approach to the way computer consulting is typically done in this area. First and foremost, our customer service is among the best in the business. We want you to be our customer for life, so we will always take care of you in a prompt, friendly and helpful manner. We also offer you affordable flat rate prices so there are never any surprises about how much you’ll be charged for our services. To save you money, we’ve also grouped some of our most popular services into package deals, and even offer you a discount when ordering more than one Individual Service at the same time. Free diagnostics. On-site service. No travel fees. If we can’t solve your problem, you pay us nothing. As you can see, we have your best interests at heart and we have a real eagerness and desire to help you. Our business practices prove it.
Our company was founded to serve the need for great, reliable computer repair service. After years of listening to the frustrations of many friends and colleagues, Bob Hafemeister decided to leave a successful career in the corporate technology world, and set up a shop in New Jersey that would take the time to put customers first. He is genuinely dedicated to making technology work for every customer. With Geeks On The Go, he’s built a comfortable, upbeat atmosphere where technicians can take the time to listen and provide great service at all levels.
- Bergen County, Rockland County
- PayPal, Personal Checks, Debit Cards, MasterCard, VISA
|Person||Geeks On The Go|
|City||Park Ridge , NJ|
|Address||52 Park Avenue Suite B1|
|Phone Number||(201) 746-6448|
Products & Services
Let us be your on-site technology department! If your business frequently needs computer support, but isn’t ready to hire a full-time IT staff, we can help.
Business Network Design / Installation
– A wired or wireless LAN, or Local Area Network, connects your company’s computers and allows them to share resources such as files and printers. If your office has multiple computers, you can gain tremendous benefit by networking them. We’ll design and construct the perfect network for you, and put your business into high gear.
Network Troubleshooting / Support / Repair
– Are you having problems with your existing network? If your network is down or not functioning properly, it is difficult for your employees to be productive, which costs your business time and money. We’ll come to your office to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix the problems ailing your network. Let us get your business back on track!
Wireless Network Security
– How safe is your wireless network? The default installation for most wireless networks does not include setting up security, which means that over 75% of all wireless networks are NOT secure! So unless you have taken deliberate steps to implement security, more than likely your network is at risk. We’ll come to your business and lock down your network, so you can keep unwanted hackers and other pesky intruders out by restricting access to only the computers of your choice. Don’t chance having your critical business data stolen, let us secure your network today!
Virus / Spyware / Adware Protection, Scan and Removal
– Are your computers running extremely slow or acting a bit strange? Chances are they got infected with a virus or worm, or are loaded down with spyware and adware. Whether a hacker or identity thief has infected your computers or email with Trojans, malware, or other nasty enemies, we have just the medicine they need. We’ll scan the entire hard drive and remove every trace of unwanted junk that slows down your computers and threatens the confidentiality of your private information. We’ll also teach you how to keep your computers spotless and secure by preventing future outbreaks.
Internet Content Filtering
– Don’t let your employees take advantage of their Internet privileges! When employees spend too much time on irrelevant or obscene websites, it decreases productivity and costs organizations, like yours, time and money. We come to your business, help you purchase, install, and configure Internet filtering software that blocks access to irrelevant and obscene websites, prevents your employees from spending too much time online, and more. We then give you a personalized training session on how to use the software. This service is also great for school districts (and libraries) to keep teachers and students on task while using the Internet.
System Tune-Up and Optimization
– Let’s face it – without periodic maintenance your computers become increasingly sluggish, disorganized, and cluttered. We’ll optimize your systems with hundreds of system tweaks and enhancements that will defragment your hard drives, accelerate performance, make Windows boot faster, and increase your Internet and download speeds by up to 300%. We’ll also perform several critical system updates, maintenance tasks, and repairs that will correct hard drive problems, clean and optimize your system registry, find and fix stubborn system errors, and more. Let us keep your computers running smooth, fast, and error free!
– When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your computers – inside and outside? If it has been awhile (or never!) , then you need our physical cleaning service. Experts recommend that you clean your computers every 3-6 months. Removing dust and dirt buildup not only stops the spread of germs, but also keeps your computers functioning properly, and even extends the life of your computers by allowing them to properly cool themselves. Let us come out and give your computers the ultimate cleaning; we’ll remove the dust particles from inside your computer cases, spray your keyboards and mice with compressed air, and shine up your monitors. Your computers will look and run like new again!
– Losing critical data can have devastating effects on the financial, legal, and productivity aspects of your business. A staggering 60% of all businesses that have suffered catastrophic data loss never fully recover. Let us help you recover from disaster and prevent your business from becoming a statistic! Whether you’ve lost your data due to accidental deletion, damage caused by a power surge, corruption brought on by a virus or worm, the “formatting” or “fdisking” of your hard drive, or even an entire system crash, we can get your valuable data back. The types of data we can help you recover include email, documents, spreadsheets, system files, databases, and more. We can also recover data from CD and DVD media, memory cards, and other portable devices.
Secure Online Data Backup
– How safe is your critical data? Unexpected catastrophes like hard disk failure, accidental file deletion, virus infection, fire, and theft happen frequently to businesses every day. It is absolutely essential that your business performs backups of all your critical data to protect your business in case the unimaginable occurs. Protect your data with our Secure Online Data Backup Service!
One-Time Data Backup
– Protect your data with our one-time data backup service that includes the transfer of all your critical files to CD or DVD media. Includes up to 9. 4 GB of data.
– Is your business looking to upgrade to new computers? If so, you’ll need to transfer the data from your old computers to your new computers. With our data migration service we can help you do just that.
Secure Data Deletion
– Don’t get caught giving away your confidential data! If your business is selling, donating, or otherwise getting rid of its old computers (or even just upgrading hard drives) , you must ensure that all your sensitive data is securely erased. Deleting files, or even formatting the entire hard drive, does NOT actually remove the data from your drive. All your old email, private business documents, customer databases, trade secrets, tax returns, passwords and more still exist on the drive. With a little know-how these files are easily recoverable, and can lead to identity theft of your business or your employees. With our secure data deletion service we can wipe your entire hard drive, or even just a few files or folders, so that the data is completely destroyed and 100% gone with absolutely no possibility of it being recovered.
Data Recovery Strategies and Disaster Planning
– Have you ever worried about what would happen if your business suddenly lost all of its data? Would you be able to recover? Don’t become part of the 60% of businesses that are unable to recuperate from catastrophic data loss. Let us help you plan for, and be able to recover from, the worst.
Hardware Install / Upgrade / Repair
– We can install or upgrade any internal or external hardware device on your desktop or laptop computer. Examples of hardware devices that we install or upgrade include: hard drives, RAM (memory) , network interface cards, CPU (processor) , printers, scanners, video cards, monitors, CD-ROM drives, DVD-ROM drives, CD/DVD burners, modems, sound cards, speakers, webcams, digital cameras, CMOS batteries, external zip drives, and more.
Laptop DC Jack Replacement
– Does your laptop not turn on when you have it plugged into the wall? Does your battery charge only when you wiggle the power cord? If your laptop is experiencing these symptoms, it may be a candidate for a dc jack replacement. The dc jack is the outlet on the back of your laptop that you plug your power adapter into and it sometimes has a tendency to become loose. Let us replace your dc jack and get your laptop back up and running in no time!
– We take inventory of all your current technology devices, and prepare a printed report for your records. This report is handy for insurance purposes and curtailing employee theft.
Operating System Installation
– If you’re ready to upgrade to the latest operating system or if you want a fresh installation of your current operating system, we can help you wade through the process. We will come to your office and install, or reinstall, Microsoft Windows and all critical updates onto your desktop or laptop. This service includes formatting, or clearing off, your hard drives which makes your systems run smoother and brings them back up to speed.
Install / Upgrade Single Software Title
– We’ll install or upgrade a single software title and all critical updates on one desktop or laptop. High-speed Internet required for critical update installation. Software not included.
Install / Upgrade / Repair Software Suite
– We can install, upgrade, or repair one software suite and all critical updates on a single desktop or laptop. Examples of software suites include: Microsoft Office, Internet Security packages, etc. High-speed Internet required for critical update installation. Software suite not included.
Software License Audit
– We survey each one of your computers to determine the number of software licenses installed. If the number of installed licenses is greater than the number of licenses purchased, we will help you develop a plan to come into compliance with licensing laws.
PC Troubleshooting / Diagnostics
– Does your PC freeze up, crash, or run extremely slow? Has your Internet come to a crawl or do you constantly get bombarded by error messages? Don’t let your PC problems drive you crazy; call us instead! We can troubleshoot and diagnose problems with your software, hardware, Internet, email, operating system, and more. Through a series of system tests and diagnostic checks, we’ll get to the root of your problem and advise you on the best possible solution.
Custom Software Development
– Are you struggling to find software that does exactly what you need? If your business is in need of a custom software solution, we can help! We’ll work with you to craft the perfect solution that store-bought software just can’t provide.
Custom Database Programming
– If you need a custom database developed, you’re in the right place! We’ll work with you to engineer a system that works the way you do.
– If you want to implement technology into your current business practices, but don’t know the best course of action, we will sit down with you to determine and document specific ways you can leverage technology in your business. Request this service now
As you can see we offer a wide range of computer support including computer repair, computer consulting, and general computer help so if you cannot find what you are looking for on this page contact us anyway. We can help!
We understand the hassle of trying to connect and disconnect the cables and cords from the back of your computer amidst the cobwebs and dust of your desk. (Don’t worry, they’re all dusty) A Geeks On The Go technician will come to your house or business, unplug and pick up your heavy, dusty computer, take it to our repair depot where it will be fixed quickly and efficiently. When it is done, we return your computer to your home or business and reinstall it for you all at no additional charge. Free pick up and delivery is another great service provided by Geeks On The Go for our customers.